This photograph was taken on a hot summer’s day in July. Where is this lady taking advantage of the clean flowing water to cool her head?
was of the bell on top of the Old Schoolhouse – next to the library and Co-op store.
This building was the only school in the village until Heathcote School opened in 1935 – initially at Heathcote House on Horne Row Common, and from 1940 at its present location. St Mary’s CofE School opened in 1961 and the old schoolhouse was vacated a few years later. (Danbury Park School opened in 1975.) The old schoolhouse is now home to Danbury Parish Council and Jesters Pre-school. See photo below.