Where is this letter box? It seems to be the last remaining ‘GR’ letter box in Danbury, all others now being ‘ER’.
The building in the background is Riffhams. It is just inside the Danbury parish boundary, whereas Old Riffhams, the original manor house, is in Little Baddow. The ‘new’ Riffhams was built around 1815 by John Robert Spencer who had inherited the estates. The map below shows where the photograph was taken.
Image credit: © OpenStreetMap contributors. Base map and data from OpenStreetMap and OpenStreetMap Foundation. Data is available under the Open Database Licence, cartography is licensed as CC BY-SA as per the OpenStreetMap copyright page.